Wednesday 6 March 2024

Pinkfresh Studio - Making the Best of It - The Good Life

Hi everyone!

Claire here and this month I am back sharing a Spring layout, created with the new Making the Best of It collection from Pinkfresh Studio.

It's been a minute since I've created with Pinkfresh Studio collections and I've really missed it. This new collection definitely doesn't disappoint. It has a beautiful colour palette, and is filled with gorgeous florals and a mixture of materials with vellum floral embellishments, cardstock stickers, puffy stickers and more! You can check the collection out in full here.


For a change, I steered away from my usual crisp white cardstock background, opting for the Be the Sunshine paper which has this fun multicoloured grid pattern.

To create my layered design, I started with a large envelope and red scalloped card from the Journaling Bits, and used this as an anchor to build from.


I backed my photo with a piece of the Live for the Hope of It paper as the pink tones echo the pink of the envelope and the journaling card. To create depth, I raised the photo on foam before adhering it to the envelope.

The photograph was taken last year in my garden, and just behind the fence is a small river running through a wooded area, so I wanted to try and depict this in the layout. 

I fussy cut the blue scalloped border from the No Risk, No Magic paper, slotting this under the envelope to mimic the stream.


Next, the embellishing - and there are so many options to choose from!

I was immediately drawn to the Vellum Die Cut Ephemera. The florals and leaves are beautifully designed, and the vellum provides great movement and texture for clusters. They even have gold foiling which adds that little something special!


I mixed the vellum florals with a circular sticker from the Chipboard Stickers and added some Die Cut Ephemera and Puffy Stickers amongst the other clusters to add that extra interest created by mixing materials. For example, I also fussy cut some leaves from the Good Feelings paper, echoing the blue tones and adding movement.


To create my title, I opted for one of the Puffy Title Stickers, adding a butterfly from the Puffy Stickers just underneath.


I made a smaller subtitle to sit along the bottom of the photo, using a banner from the Journaling Bits and another Puffy Sticker.  To create extra dimension, I rolled the banner between my fingers to curl the edges.


At this point, I liked the design but it didn't feel finished. I felt like it needed more green to really reflect the photograph, but I liked the central design all clustered together, 

I decided to offset the page, mounting it on a piece of the Beautiful Story paper and it immediately brought the layout to life! I love how this green reflects the envelope and the outdoorsy feel of the photograph.


 

I hope you've enjoyed this blog post, and I hope you'll check out this lovely new collection. It's honestly been a joy to create with,

I'll pop back later this month with another layout using this collection and hope to see you then.

Happy Scrapping!

Claire xx

@scrappysoulmate.

No comments: