Wednesday 13 March 2024

Mintay Papers - Playtime

Hello, Karen here. This month I am playing with the new Playtime collection from Mintay Papers. This brightly coloured collection is inspired by carnivals and funfairs and includes images of lots of cute critters and play things. It is perfect for creating layouts about toddlers and pre-schoolers or funfair trips. Some of the papers have large designs on them but today I chose to use the muted B side of paper #3 and images cut from the Elements Paper. I also used a 12x12 foundations page from 49 & Market's Spectrum Sherbet collection as my background. The colours in the foundation paper co-ordinated perfectly with the colours in the Playtime collection.

I started my layout by matting the 12x12 foundations page onto a sheet of Aqua Bazzill Cardstock leaving a 1 cm frame round the outside.

Using my fingernails I roughed up the edges of the foundation paper and then with a fine liner pen I doodled scribbly lines round the inside edge.

From a scrap piece of green/grey paper found in my stash I cut a scribbled circle cut file on my Silhouette Cameo and also cut the centre area from the B side of paper #3. Both pieces were placed onto the layout slightly right of centre.

I added my square photo and beneath it and glued a piece of white pom-pom trim.


Either side of the photo I layered images cut from the Elements Paper - balloons, building blocks, balls, a rocket ship and cute animals. I thought they echoed the pile of toys in my photo.


I layered the images with 3D foam underneath, so that some were flat on the layout and others were in front of the photo. 


Above the photo the die cut word 'Playtime' was positioned which was cut from the same paper as the scribbled circle.


In the top left corner another image from the Elements Sheet was glued, raising it on more 3D foam.


At the bottom of the layout I added details with die cut letters.


Finally I finished off the layout with a scattering of silver sequins and paper punched stars.

I enjoyed creating this layout using the Playtime collection and will be back again soon with another fun layout using the collection.

Take Care
Karen x x



No comments: