Friday 15 March 2024

March Papermaze Kit - Part 1

Lynn here with my first two layouts made with the March Papermaze Kit. With lovely pastel spring colours making it ideal for birthday and Easter themed layouts.

Here are the details of what you will find in the kit:

Patterned Papers:
Celes Gonzalo - Rainbow Avenue collection - Rainbow Avenue and My Memories
Photo Play - Fresh Picked 2 collection - Country Flowers
Simple Stories - Fresh Air collection - Bright + Beautiful
Simple Stories - True Colours collection - Take the Photo
Simple Stories - Hoppy Easter collection - Hello Peeps

Embellishments: Selection of Rosie's Studio puffy stickers, 2  Rosie's Studio chipboard frames, 2 wax seals, selection of P13 stickers, 4 Simple Stories journal ephemera, 5 Prima flowers, 12" twine, and a strip of dew drops


Bazzill Basics Cardstock - Aqua, Coconut Swirl (included in kit), Blossom, Coastal, Purple Palisades and Pollen can be found in the extra pack.


Happy First Birthday Poppy - The cardstock in this kit is ideal for these photos of my niece's birthday.


For this layout I used the sheet of Coconut Swirl Bazzill as a background. I matched Distress Inks to the Coastal, Pollen, Blossom and Purple Palisades card. Then with a Tim Holtz Layering (Brush Arch THS168) stencil, I created a rainbow style background for my layout.

I cut a rainbow, complete with clouds and hearts using a Peartree Cutfile and a sheet of glittery silver cardstock from my stash. I backed the rainbow and the hearts with the Bazzill. I turned one cloud into a shaker box, using a scrap of acetate, some white card and a pinch of Rosie's Studio Simply Charming Sprinkles.

I backed the second cloud with white card and used this for my title. The letters used for this are Doodlebug Designs Alphabet Soup in Silver


The finished cutfile and two photos were arranged on the layout and glued in place. I used some of the hearts left over from the cut file to place under the photos.


I added a few of the phrase stickers from the kit.


With more letter stickers I added Poppy's name and the date of the party.

Egg Hunt - My three children together with their cousins at my parents' house. My sister and I set up an egg hunt in the garden.

With a sheet of smooth white Bazzill for the background, I matched Distress Oxide inks to the sheet of 'Rainbow Avenue' paper. I flicked a little of each ink, diluted with water over the page. It was important to work with one colour at a time and allow it to dry before adding the next colour, to avoid them running together.



I tore a piece from the Rainbow Avenue 12" by about 4" and applied this to the top of the page. Then I trimmed a strip 12" x 1" and trimmed it with a border punch, the was placed across the bottom of the page.



I created four 3" eggs using my Cricut and all the coloured Bazzill from the kit. I inked the edges of the pieces. These were arranged across the layout, where the paper reaches the white Bazzill.


I printed a selection of small photos in black and white, several of these were used to back the film frames from the kit. Then all the framed and unframed photos were arranged in a cluster in the centre of the layout.



I added a title with Dear Lizzy - Treasures Thickers (glitter, chipboard letter stickers). Other details of the event were included using Rosie's Studio - Simply Charming puffy alphabet stickers. I also added the flower and heart stickers from the kit.

That's all for today, back with more from this kit soon.
Thanks for looking.
Lynn x

No comments: