Friday 1 March 2024

February Papermaze Kit - Part 2

 

Lynn here today with a second pair of layouts using the romantic Papermaze Kit for February.
I have used the red and pink papers this time, and created a bold and a delicate layout with embellishments from the kit and a few from my own stash.


Here are the details of what you will find in the kit:



Patterned Papers: (The photo below shows both sides of the six papers)
Mintay Papers - Happy Birthday collection - MT-HAB-05
Stamperia - Roseland collection - Flowers
Simple Stories - Simple Vintage Love Story collection - 2x2/4x4 Elements & My Heart
Simple Stories  - Fresh air collection - Fresh Start
Cocoa Vanilla Studio - Happy Days - Little Blossom


Bazzill Basics Cardstock - Cherry Splash and Walnut Cream (included in the kit). Yukon Gold, Blossom, Flintstone and Sea Glass (extra Bazzill pack).


Embellishments:
3 wooden hearts, 12" lace, 5 water droplet unicorn hearts, 1 exclusive acrylic word, vellum, 2 Simple Stories Chipboard Clusters, 1 strip of Pinkfresh enamel dots, 5 P13 tickets and a selection of word stickers.


Cutest Couple - My daughter and her boyfriend at the school prom, declared to be the 'Cutest Couple'.


This layout was made using a Paige Evans cutfile and her inspiration. I chose the bunch of balloons as I wanted to highlight the balloons in this rather poor quality photo (the only one we have of the event). I cut the cutfile from the Cherry Splash Bazzill.


I backed the cutfile with both sides of the 'My Heart' paper. Then I cut four extra balloons from the same paper, scored a fold down the centre of each one, then attached them over the cutfile by adding glue to the fold only. Then I tucked some 3D foam under each side to raise it up from the base layer. 


I placed the balloons onto the 'Happy Birthday' Mintay paper. I tied Divine Twine to each balloon then gathered them into a bunch and tied them with a ribbon. The bow was then glued to the page.


My photo was placed to the bottom left of the layout. My title was created with Thickers 'Be Kind' foam letter stickers. 


I cut images from the elements paper (butterflies and phrases) and attached them to the page and balloons.


I wrote my journalling on one of the balloons.



The Marriage - This layout shows a photo from my parents wedding in 1957.


Both sides of this Stamperia paper are really beautiful but I went for the less busy side, with all it's pretty lacy patterns. I placed the lace from the kit across the paper, about 3" up from the bottom.


I place the photo in the centre of the paper. Then set about fussy cutting, birds, letters and books from the 'Elements' paper. I inked around the edges, and layered them around the photo.


I cut two oval shapes from the vellum in the kit, I wrote the wedding details onto them with a dark pink pen. Then I placed these either side of the photo, above the cut-outs.


I added the P13 tickets, cascading down from the base of the cut-outs. Then I tied three bows in some delicate, pale pink, seam binding ribbon. These were arranged on the page, one to appear as if it was tied around the watch winder.


I found some heart shaped paper clips in my stash, and added these to the photo and the cut-outs.


Finally, I added the gold enamel dots in clusters of three about the page.


That's all from the February kit. Please see back in a few weeks for the first post using the March kit.
Thanks for looking.
Lynn x

No comments: