Friday 5 July 2024

June Papermaze Kit - Part 2

Lynn here today, with two more layouts using the Papermaze Kit for June. This kit gives you Bazzill and patterned papers in bright cheerful colours. I have used them along with the embellishments included to make pages featuring some 1960/70's Kodak square format photos.

 
Patterned papers:
American Crafts - Rainbow Avenue - My Feelings
Echo Park - My Little Girl - Pretty Girl Plaid & Bright Floral
Pinkfresh Studio - Picture Perfect - Write your Story
Pinkfresh Studio - The simple things - Rays of Sunshine
Simple Stories - Summer Snapshots - Take the Shot

The image below shows both sides of each of the papers included in the kit.

Embellishments: 1/2 sheet Paige Evans Blooming Wild puffy stickers, Strip of Vicki Boutin Speciality Acetate Discover and Create, 1 Paige Evans Blooming Wild Chipboard Mini Frame, 4 Doodlebug Designs All Aflutter butterfly shape stickers, 3 Masterpiece Design '12 months label mix', 3 Pretty Little Studio ephemera pieces Sunkissed - Smell the Flowers, Pinch of Pinkfresh clear drops - Blush, & Strip of Doodlebug Designs washi tape - Bunny Hop Pastel Plaid.


Bazzill Basics - Coconut Swirl & Classic Yellow (included in kit). Passionate, Aqua, Marmalade Blast & Wild Pansy (in Extra Bazzill Pack)

Oh Snap! - Photos I took myself with my first camera at the age of 11 on a year 6 school trip to The Isle of Wight. These appear to be the only two photos that have survived from that holiday. So, the Vicki Boutin Speciality Acetate and the Simple Stories Take the Shot paper was ideal for recording the memory.


Starting with the White CS Bazzill, I flicked some watered-down Distress Oxide Ink (Carved Pumpkin and Salvaged Patina), over the page.



The next step was to cut apart the sheet of 
Take the Shot paper into individual 'Polaroid' style pieces.  I arranged these over the layout, together with the photos, giving me colourful spaces to add my title and journalling.



I carefully trimmed each colourful slide from the VB
Speciality Acetate and arranged these around the existing elements.



In addition, I used a few short lengths of Tim Holtz Idea-ology Filmstrip Ribbon, placing these randomly around the layout.



I wrote the journalling over three of the colourful paper pieces. The title was created with some old foam Thickers (Dear Lizzie Cordial) from my stash, and the year was made with LDRS One Fine Day small puffy alpha stickers, also available from Papermaze.



Summer 1969 - My baby brother with my dad, on the beach at Seaview on the Isle of Wight, summer of 1969.

This time I prepared the Aqua Bazzill, using a Tim Holtz Layering Stencil THS006 Dot Fade (an old one but still a useful favourite), and various colours of Distress Ink to match the papers.



I cut the PSF
Write your Story paper into coloured strips and trimmed them to different lengths. I spread these across the middle of the cardstock, in a rainbow effect, then I glued them into place.


This time my embellishments were selected from Pretty Little Studio, Hey Summer Beach Bits Die Cuts. I arranged these around the page, adding my journalling to the little label in the pack. The title is made with Pretty Little Studio Sunkissed - Fun in the Sun Word Titles.



The date was cut using a Sizzix XLBigz Alphabet Die. I cut the numbers in
various colours and also in black, I stuck them above the title creating a shadow by overlapping the colour and black.


That's all for today, but I do have another layout to share later.
Thanks for looking
Lynn x

No comments: