Wednesday 17 July 2024

49 & Market - Summer Porch - Snapahots

Hello, and welcome back to the Papermaze blog! 

Claire here today, and I have another beachy layout to share with you today, but this one has a beautiful nautical theme, made with the new Summer Porch collection from 49 and Market. 


I began with a piece of Premium White Cardstock and cut a circle, roughly 9" using the cream/buff coloured cardstock from the Solids Collection Pack. I distressed the edges and stuck it flat to the page. 

On top of that, I lay two vertical strips of patterned paper - Daydream (red) and Take Flight (a blue paper with a fabulous seagull pattern). 

To create extra texture, I spritzed each piece with water to make it more pliable, softening the fibres to ruffle the paper slightly more than usual. I love how tactile this makes the page and the extra depth it creates. 

I positioned my photos down the centre, with each one mounted on tissue paper to give that extra bit of separation. 

Using the By the Sea Laser Cut Elements, I trimmed some net and tucked it on either side of the papers, saving the large middle section of the net for another layout. 

The rowing boat and lighthouse form the basis of a large cluster, complemented by two circular ephemera pieces from the Ephemera Bits, finished with a laser cut bow and seagull. 


Across the centre of the layout, I added a laser cut rope - the detail and shading on this is really lovely, and it adds real interest to the page. 


I used the rope to anchor my 'Snapshots' title, adding a red subtitle both from the Chipboard Word Set, along with a small anchor and seagull from the By the Sea Laser Cuts.

Under each cluster I added some Essential Rub-on Transfers and some red starfish from the Chipboard Word Set.

As a finishing touch, I added a few sentiments to the photos (one top left and the other bottom right) from the Laser Cuts and Ephemera Bits.


Love how this layout came together, and look forward to sharing more with you next month. 


Claire xx

@scrappysoulmate.

No comments: