Monday 8 July 2024

Little Moments - Simple Stories - Simple Vintage Meadow Flowers

Hi everyone, it’s Rebecca with you today and I’m really excited to be sharing my first layout for July because I’m creating with the beautiful Simple Vintage Meadow Flowers collection from Simple Stories. It’s such an elegant collection with soft, pretty colours. You can find it in the shop here.




I began by cutting out the sheet of notepaper from the Walk in Nature patterned paper. I love all the layers on this paper, but I felt like I wanted to scale it back and make it a bit simpler. Once cut, I distressed all the edges and adhered it centrally to a sheet of lilac cardstock from the 12x12 Basics Kit.


On top of this, I placed my photo, housed in one of the Chipboard Frames. I decided on the frame with more pink in it, to match my photo. 




Before adding any embellishments, I positioned some of the Rub-Ons around the page. I love how easy these transfer on to a layout, and they really elevate the page and add beautiful detailing to any background. 




With my rub-ons in place, I started to build some floral clusters around my photo using the Chipboard Clusters and Floral Bits & Pieces. By selecting larger elements, it means I didn’t actually need to add a great deal (fab for me - more for other layouts!) 




Once I have all my larger elements in place, I like to look through the smaller pieces in a collection to see what else I can add. The great thing about smaller elements is that you can add lots of them, without overcrowding the page. I selected a few stickers from the Cardstock Stickers, some Decorative Brads and some Enamel Glitter Dots.




The chipboard frame I’d selected had the phrase ‘Wild and Beautiful’ on it… which would work great as a title, but there was a phrase in the Page Pieces that had caught my eye. I selected the ‘Little Moments’ phrase for my title as it depicted the story in the photo perfectly. We’d been out for lunch for my husband’s birthday, and on the way back to the car we walked through the shopping centre. Randomly, under the escalator was this gorgeous wooden swing surrounded by a stunning display of florals. It was perfect for a few photos - capturing the ‘little moments’ in our day. I placed my new title on top of the chipboard frame, raised up on foam pads.  To extend my title further, I chose to add a Foam Stickers above my photo which reads ‘ My soul is made from’. 




To finish the layout, I made two little tears in the top and bottom of the background cardstock, and folded the edges in to create a little open triangle. I backed these spaces using a patterned paper from the 6x8 Paper Pad, just to add a little details and bring more colour to the edges of the layout. 


I hope you like this layout and it’s given you some inspiration. Meadow Flowers is such a beautiful collection so make sure you check it out in the shop before it’s all sold out!


Thanks for reading. 


Rebecca x

@preciouspagespapercraft


No comments: