Hiya, Lisa here and it's time for a new trip which means a new journal to document our memories.
This time we are off to the Midwest, USA.
It's a special one as we are going to visit my Dad.
I've made quite a basic journal this time, so I thought I'd create a video with step by step for beginners. So if you'd like to see, the video is here.
This old book was £1 from a house clearance store.
You'll see in the video me cut it apart, replace the spine, bind in the pages and create this new journal.
I love that it has such a vintage feel.
Once made, I did want to create the first couple of into pages.
Somewhere to write the details of the trip.
Who, where & when's.
I ordered the Simple Stories collection, Pumpkins & Plaid which you can see here.
I loved this sheet here.
and also this one.
I used a couple of the pieces to create this pocket here.
Rounding off the corners, stocking down the sides, leaving the top free to create a pocket and I love taking my circle punch to just cut a half circle half way, Doesn't that look great?
Then another piece becomes the journal card to go inside.
The half circle that I punched then got flipped and stapled to the top.
I also added some of the stickers from this collection to finish off.
And here I used the original contents page, but covered up the wording so I could create my own.
I will fill this out as I journal.
One little tip, I love cutting the stickers in half.
I added half at the bottom here,
I'm so excited to get going wit this journal when we get back.
This collection is so perfect for this time of year.
Have you ordered it too?
Enjoy.
Lisa xx











No comments:
Post a Comment