Monday, 17 August 2026

Simple Stories - Open Road - Lets Go!

Hello!

Claire here today, and I couldnt help but share one more layout with the Open Road collection from Simple Stories.


This time, I'm focusing on the gorgeous floral, and documenting a recent trip to a country fair in Dorset.

The layout design was inspired by a sketch I saw on Pinterest, but unfortunately, I don't know who created it.

I started with some paper strips running vertically down the page to anchor the design. For extra grounding, I also added a dottled outline with a black pen. I complemented the paper strips with two edges from the Cardstock Sticker Icon Sheet.  


I chose two photos, printed one smaller than the other and then mounted these in the You Are Here paper. I offset them on top of the paper straps and then began all the fun embellishing!

Using the Floral Bits & Pieces, I created clusters around my photos, extending the design. They're such pretty colours and designs I love how it brightens the layout.


I also cut a tag from the Tag Elements paper, and added a few extra florals and stickers to draw it into the design.

Next, i created a smaller cluster, again cutting a smaller tag and adding a few florals and butterflies, and a few extra phrases from the Cardstock Sticker Icons sheet.



For my title, I used the Lets Go Sticker, splitting this across both photos to draw your eye down the page.

I added two pieces of coloured twine to each tag, and with that, the page was done!

Ive really lived this collection - you can probably tell!! I hope you're having fun documenting your summer activities too.

I'll be back next month with some more creative fun.


Until then, happy scrapping!

Claire x

@scrappysoulmate 



No comments: