Monday 22 May 2017

My Heart is Full....Kaisercraft Wildflowers pt 2

Hello again, it's Anita and today I am here with my final post for May ( How DID we get to the end of May already this year??)
I would like to apologise for the low quality of the photo's, due to camera issues I have had to use my phone for this post. And for some reason the layout looks lopsided and crooked in places in the pics...I promise it really isn't though ;)

Not sure if you have seen the delightful Wildflower Collection by Kaisercraft yet or not, but if you haven't, do yourself a favour and pop over to the shop. It's really beautiful and such a pleasure to work with, with its delicate palette of colour and soft watercolour designs....what's not to like?




I used the reverse side of a sheet of Vines for my layout, which although very pretty as it was, I decided I couldn't just leave it alone!


So I used a 12 x 12 Stencil and some Texture paste and created a little bit of dimension. I then dribbled and splattered some Cosmic Shimmer Mists in various areas and blew through a straw to create runs of gentle colour (some of which drizzled into the texture paste).



I used a couple of aqua toned small doilies to mat the photo of my youngest daughter when she was a cheeky wee nipper! I then made a cluster of paper blossoms and leaves and added a sprinkle of sequins and crystals.






I absolutely LOVE using sequins on my layouts, I think they are one of my favourite embellishments. I like to liberally sprinkle them about, but i also love to pile a huge cluster on sometimes with a good size dollop of glue! So for this page I made an oversized photo corner and generously piled them up!



I cut a couple of over sized flowers out from a sheet of In Bloom  and embellished the stamens with some AB crystals which sparkle and capture the light beautifully.



The sheet of Wings is covered with multi-coloured butterflies and I cut out a couple that blended in well with the page.



I finished the page by adding a quote cut from a sheet of Gathered 
and sprinkling a few more sequins and crystals .....and then I made myself stop ha ha!



I really enjoyed creating this layout, I feel like my creative mojo may well be coming back to me again....well I hope so anyway! Enjoy whats left of May and I will see you again in June.

Warmest wishes
Anita xx

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Stunning layout Anita. x

Anita said...

Thank you Lynn xx