Friday 4 January 2019

December Papermaze Kit - Part 2

Hello and Happy New Year! Lynn here with another pair of layouts I made with the Seasonal Papermaze December Kit. Both these layouts feature my triplets. The first one is a photo from their first Christmas wearing the pudding hats I knitted for them. The second shows them in the church yard on a snowy Sunday before Christmas, just after the Christingle service when they were three years old.


Before we look at how they were made here is a reminder of the kit content:

 
Christmas Pudding Hats

I inked the edges of all my papers with Forest Moss Distress Ink.

I started by making a frame using the A Simple Wish paper. I gutted the paper to make a 1" frame. I trimmed the Kraft Bazzill 11.5" x 11.5" and splattered some Dylusions Ink Spray in Black Marble and White Linen onto the page. I also added some specks of Distress Reinker in Festive Berries, once dry the Bazzill was mounted onto the frame.

I tore some strips of gingham fabric into 1" strips and arranged them horizontally 1.75" down from the top and vertically 1.75" in from the left. I added the cut off strip from the Elation paper over the vertical strip of fabric. I added one of the Jolee's Boutique word stickers across the other fabric strip.

I cut two pieces of A Simple Wish paper 4" x 6" and  a piece of Winter Floral paper 3.75" x 5.5". I also cut a piece Woodlands paper to make a photo mount. I arranged all these pieced and the photo in place and stuck them down.

I fussy cut holly leaves and berries from the Rejoicing paper and used these to build up three clusters, with double-sided 3D foam pads. I made the berries shine with Glossy Accents.

I used a Quote Chip at the bottom right of the layout and I added the date with some stickers from my stash.

Christingle 

I used the Raven Bazzill to make a frame for the layout - this was gutted to make a 1" frame.
With Snowcapped paper - I trimmed the paper to 11.5" x 11.5", then gutted a piece 6.25" wide x 4.25 deep. This meant I could use the patterns from both sides of the paper. The snowy trees side mounted onto the Raven Bazzill frame then the music notes side used to make a layer for behind the photo (see below for cutting, leaving a little for another page).



I layered my photo with a series of mats, I kept a white border to my photo, then some of the Raven Bazzill, followed by Watermelon Bazzill and finally some gold card. With some of the music note paper I stuck the mounted photo to the page.

I used a small length of the black lace from the kit and threaded some narrow red ribbon through the holes at the top, tie a bow in one end and attach this under the photo.

I built up three clusters of flowers using the three red cherry blossom flowers from the kit. I added some cream cherry blossom flowers from my stash. The leaves were cut with Funky Floral #1 Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlits dies and scraps of green card and paper from the kit. The Tim Holtz beaded berries from the kit were tucked in among the flowers. I used my heart shaped buttons on this page, threading some black thread through the holes and tying a knot at the front. These I scattered around the flowers together with the spare pearls.

Finally
the title was made with one of the Jolee's Boutique word stickers, but I shortened the length by cutting and rejoining keeping the word and both curly ends.

Will be back with more kit creations soon.
Thanks for looking.
Lynn
x

No comments: