Monday 28 January 2019

DIY Wall Art - With Video

 
 
Hello, Lisa here. I have had so much fun this week. I've been really excited about sharing this with you. It all came about when we went to Ikea. We found a photo shelf which had me thinking about some wall art for our bedroom.
 
 
I was sent these Kaisercraft papers here to play with along with a sheet of the 12x12 coordinating stickers.  
 
 
I love the 12x12 frames from Wilko and they come with a mount that you can use or remove. I decided to use it here for a cleaner look. I printed off 2 photos in black & white. I loved the quote on the 12x12 paper 'Start each day with a grateful heart'. So perfect for the bedroom I thought.
 
The bottom strip overlapping the photos is from the 12x12 sticker set and I added a sticker strip across the top.
 
 
 
This here was actually a frame from Poundland with an ugly picture inside with a bathroom quote. I covered it with some of the papers and added a couple more of the sticker strips.  
  
 
 
To add a little more colour I took a piece of watercolour paper and my paints (you will see me creating these in my video). I cut a heart from the leftover paper and stuck in the middle of the frame. The frame was just 85p from Ikea.
 
 
Here is the finished shelf.
 
 
 
 
 
I really hope you've enjoyed seeing these fun pieces. I'm so happy with how they look in my room. They've really brightened up a plain wall.
 
I hope you enjoy the video too.
 
Have a great week.
 
Lisa xx

No comments: