Friday 9 February 2024

Remember Family is Forever - Simple Stories - Remember Collection

Hi everyone, it's Rebecca with you today and I'm really excited to be sharing my first layout using Simple Stories new Remember collection. It's a stunning collection full of beautiful colours and elements. It's the perfect collection for documenting memories and honouring those who are no longer with us, but it's also versatile enough to document the everyday moments as I've done here. You can find it in the shop here.


I started by cutting hexagons from 3 of the patterned papers. I chose papers which had colours to match my photo, selecting one stronger pattern (the hearts) and two more subtle papers. After arranging the hexagons horizontally across the page, I liked the way they looked and decided to add a hint of mixed media to my background. Very faintly with a pencil, I drew around the outer edges of the hexagons so I knew where to add the colour. I rummaged through my stash of Distress Oxide Ink Pads and settled on 'Iced Spruce'. Using a Tim Holtz texture stamp, I added the colour to my background.


Once the ink was dry, I adhered the hexagons to the page with a layer of adhesive foam behind them to help lift the layout a bit and introduce some dimension. I then positioned my photo off centre and with a layer of navy Bazzill Cardstock behind it to help it 'pop' off the page. 


As is always the case with Simple Stories - the Floral Bits and Pieces in this collection are elegant and beautiful. I chose several of the larger floral elements and arranged them in 3 clusters to create a 'visual triangle' around my photo. 


For my title, I reached for my favourite Simple Stories product - the Foam Stickers. I always love the different fonts and styles and the versatile titles. I extended my title using one of the phrases from the Cardstock Stickers so my title became 'Remember Family is Forever'.


With all the larger elements in place, I shifted my focus to the smaller, finishing details. I fussy cut a few butterflies from the Beyond Blessed patterned paper and added these with the wings folded up, and then finished off with a couple of small floral stickers and some Enamel Dots.

Thanks so much for reading. I really hope you've enjoyed this layout and it inspires you to create with this wonderful collection.

Rebecca x

@preciouspagespapercraft


No comments: