Wednesday 7 February 2024

Simple Stories - True Colors - Smile!

Hi everyone,

Happy February! This month, I'm lucky enough to be creating with the stunning True Colors collection from Simple Stories, and its a goodie!! 

With a beautiful range of bright and cheerful colours, it really lifts your spirits after a cold, wet winter.

As scrapbookers, we take a lot of photos, right? Well this collection is for you! It has lots of camera and film elements which I was immediately drawn to, and it totally inspired me to create this layout.



I started, as usual, with a piece of Premium White Cardstock. Using a selection of the patterned papers:

I cut 1" strips, and rolled the ends around a pencil so that it resembled an old style film strip that you used to use in a camera.

I staggered these down the page at different lengths, distressed the edges and adhered to the page with foam.


Next, I took that absolutely fabulous Chipboard Frame - isn't it awesome! Because the collection is so colourful, I printed my photo in black and white. I mounted it into the frame and worked out where it was going to sit on my page.


Before adhering it, I took a polka dot stencil from my stash and added some black stencilling diagonally on either side of the paper strips. The black helps to ground the colours and echos my black and white photograph.

Once the stencilling was done and the frame had been adhered to the page with foam, it was time to embellish.

I created three floral clusters using flowers from the Floral Bits & Pieces. I layered some under the frame and some on top to create dimension.


Alongside the florals, I added some more camera elements to fit the theme of my photo using the Cardstock Stickers. 


For my title, I used the Smile! Foam Stickers. The extra black element helps the page to pop. 


I nestled this amongst the floral ephemera and added an extra film roll sticker from the Cardstock Stickers. I really love these little extra details. They're so fun to create with.

As a final touch, I added a few phrase stickers - I couldn't resist these as they matched my photo perfectly and, as a scrapbooker, they're definitely phrases you'll hear in my house often!! lol!


I hope you've enjoyed seeing this layout come together. It really was an absolute joy to create. You can check out the entire collection in the shop here. Happy Shopping! 


See you soon with another layout.

Claire xx

@scrappysoulmate


No comments: