Monday 26 February 2024

Simple Stories Winter Wonder - Hello Winter

Hello again. Karen here with one final layout using Winter Wonder from Simple Stories. I have really enjoyed using this collection and am sorry that I've come to the end of my design team kit.

I began the layout by layering sheets of white and kraft cardstock on top of each other. Careful gutting of the cardstock beforehand meant that I was able to use only one sheet of each colour.

Once I had created the base for my layout I machine stitched with white thread a straight stitch round the edges of two of the pieces of cardstock. I love adding machine stitching to my layouts. It give the layout more texture and interest.

I cut five 3x4 cards from the 2x2/4x4 Elements paper and one from a piece of the Brr Brr Brr paper.  I rounded the corners of the cards with a paper punch and then attached them in a grid design onto the background with the B sides upmost.

From some white glitter cardstock I die cut some snowflakes and placed these in a row horizontally across the middle of the layout and machine stitched through them all.

I attached photos to four of the cards with 3D foam underneath and tag from the Tag Elements paper onto another. I then set about embellishing the cards with die cuts from the Floral Bits and Pieces pack. I chose the pink flowers to co-ordinate with the tag.


More glittery die cut snowflakes were added too.


I strung the tag with some white twine and added some words cut from the 2x2/4x4 Elements paper as a title.


Using some pale pink watercolour paint, I picked out a few of the phrases on the card made from the Brr Brr Brr paper. It's quite subtle, but brings some pink to that part of the layout.


Finally, I scattered a few sequins here and there,

I hope I've inspired you today to scrapbook some snowy photos or have a go at a grid layout or pop over to the shop and have a look at the Winter Wonder collection from Simple Stories. Whatever you do, take care and I'll be back soon with another project.

Karen x x

No comments: