Monday 12 February 2024

Simple Stories Winter Wonder - Let it Snow

Hello, Karen here. Today I have another layout to share using the gorgeous Winter Wonder collection from Simple Stories. This is a winter themed collection, and whilst we seldom get much snow in the area I live, when we do I always take lots of photos. So I always have photos to use with winter themed collections.

I started this layout by layering a piece of the Comfy.Cozy.Cuddly paper onto a sheet of black cardstock leaving a narrow border and then using white thread I machine stitched a straight stitch round the edges.

Twelve of the tags from the Tag Elements paper were then arranged in three rows horizontally in the middle of the layout. The tags were strung onto white twine and glued in place. My photo was matted with some black cardstock and placed on the right of the layout, on top of the tags, with some 3D foam underneath.

From the pack of Floral Bits and Pieces I chose some of the blue flowers and leaves and tucked these under the edges of the photos.  Some of the flowers are quite big so they fill up quite a bit of the open space on the layout.

In my stash I found some wood veneer snowflakes and added these to the flower clusters.

On the Silhouette Cameo, using a cut file from the Silhouette Store, I cut the title and nestled this beneath the photo. I really like how the S in the word 'Snow' cuddles the words 'Let It'.  Another blue flower from the Bits and Pieces pack was used to embellish the title.

From the Brr Brr Brr paper I cut a word strip and placed this below the photo.


Finally I added the date at the bottom of the layout with some teeny tiny stickers ...

.... and scattered a few iridescent sequins from one of the Picket Fence Studio sequin mixes here and there to give the layout some sparkle.

I hope you like this layout and if you've got snow where you live, stay safe.

Karen x x


No comments: