Wednesday 29 May 2024

May Papermaze Kit - Part 2

Lynn here today, with the pretty spring Papermaze kit for the month of May. My second pair of layouts have been posted on the blog today and the kit is available in the store or on line.



Patterned Papers:
Simple Stories - Simple Vintage Spring Garden collection - Scatter Sunshine
Simple Stories - Simple Vintage Essentials Colour Palate - Yellow & Green Tags
P13 - Naturalist collection - #04
Mintay Papers - Spring is Here collection - #05
American Crafts - Cedar House collection - Headliners
Carta Belle - Here Comes Easter collection - Pretty Plaid



Embellishments:
Doily, Prima flower, Divine Twine, 3 postage washi stamps, 4 simple Stories Floral Bits & Pieces, Vicki Boutin Layered paper clip, 1 strip Prima Say it in Crystals, selection of Pinkfresh Studio Chipboard Frame Stickers and 2 Pretty Little Studios Die cut labels


Bazzill Basics Cardstock:
Yukon Gold & CS White (in kit). Lily Pond, Blossom, Rosewood & Coffee Roast (extra Bazzill pack).


Water Fun - My three children enjoyed playing with the hose, water and brushes on the patio one sunny day. One fun way of getting the patio cleaned!


I cut the Lily Pond Bazzill to measure 11.5" x 11.5", then stencilled a hexagon pattern onto the card in a circular shape, so it shows around the tag circle when finished. I used Distress Oxide Inks in Fossilized Amber and Mowed Lawn. The stencil I chose is a Tim Holtz Layering Stencil - THS 166 Brush Hex.



I cut a gingham trim for two sides of the layout, from a sheet of Simple Stories Vintage Essentials Colour Palate - Yellow Collage from my stash. This was attached to make the finished page 12" x 12".



With the
Yellow & Green Tags from the kit, I cut apart all the tags. I cut the tags down to 3" deep, and saved the off cuts for later.  I punched holes in the top of each tag, then threaded a large brad through each one. I inked the edges of the tags.



Then I arranged the tags into a circle around and under the doily. I placed a white card circle between the doily and the tags, to prevent the print showing through the doily. 



My photo was arranged just below the centre of the doily, leaving space for the title. I created my title and date using Thickers - Cecily glitter letter stickers from my stash.



Using some of the tag offcuts, I trimmed them and added them to the layout, one top left with a butterfly and other details. The second tag was made from an offcut of green gingham for the bottom right, I added my journalling to this piece.



Welly Weather - I think it's fair to say April 2024 was extremely wet! This layout shows a family outing to Sharnfold Farm. Scarlett certainly needed those wellies to see the ducks - mud everywhere!



I gutted the Pretty Plaid paper to create a 2" frame, then I trimmed the White Bazzill, to measure 9.5" x 9.5". I mounted this onto romance Bazzill, just 0.5" bigger than the white (I also gutted this cardstock).


Before sticking the white card in place, I used Distress Watercolour Pencils to draw some raindrops over the page, then I flicked coloured water created with the pencils, over the page. 


I cut the 'Welly Weather' Peartree Cutfile from the B side of the Pretty Plaid paper; I backed the letters with more of the Romance Bazzill. The wellies were backed with white car, which I had coloured with the watercolour pencils and blended with water, to match Scarlett's wellies in the photo. I placed the photos onto the centre of the layout and the finished cutfile over lapping the bottom of the photos. I added journalling under the title.


Finally, I placed some pearls and gems over the background.

That's all from the May Kit, I'll be back with a new kit for June later in the month.
Thanks for looking
Lynn x

No comments: