Monday 20 September 2021

49 & Market Vintage Artistry Hike More - Sometimes Nature is all you Need

Hello, Karen here again to share another layout using the 49 & Market Vintage Artistry Hike More collection. I'm still loving this collection and for today's layout I've used some nature photos taken whilst on holiday in Norfolk.


For my background I used a sheet of the Boscage paper. I trimmed 5mm from each side and matted this onto a sheet of Bazzill Kraft cardstock to give a very narrow border to the layout. Using my sewing machine I stitched all the way round the edge using white thread.

My eight  2" square photos were double matted on white and kraft cardstock and attached to the layout with 3D foam underneath. I only put foam underneath the top and bottom edges of the left side of the photos because I knew I wanted to tuck a journalling card behind the photos and by omitting the foam in the middle it made it easy for the card to slip in and out.


Using my computer I printed my journalling onto one of the journalling cards from the cut apart sheet. I downloaded a mushroom dingbat from dafont.com so I was able to add some mushroom images to my journalling. The left side of the card was punched using a notebook border punch from EK Success and the finished card was tucked behind the photos.


In the centre of the photos I added a word strip from the pack of Ephemera Bits and used 3D foam underneath for dimension.  


I created three embellishment clusters on the layout using more of the Ephemera Bits, Chipboard StickersWashi Tape and Epoxy Stickers as well as lace, wood buttons and twine from my stash. I tried to include all the colours from the collection in each of the clusters.


By rubbing some of the rub-ons onto some patterned paper and then fussy cutting the images out I was able to create some extra die cuts, for example some of the butterflies. 


On this layout I used a lot of 3D foam underneath the elements to give the clusters lots of dimension.


Finally I splatted some Distress Oxide Ink in Peeled Paint onto the layout. 

I loved putting this layout together and love how it turned out. It was good to finally scrapbook some of the many nature photos I take. Remember to check out the collection in the shop.

I'll be back again soon and in the meantime, Take Care.
Karen x x 

No comments: