Wednesday 15 September 2021

September Papermaze Kit

Hello, Lynn here to introduce the versatile September Papermaze Kit - with a mix of papers and embellishments in soft neutral colours. Ideal for many different themes including heritage, nautical, masculine or feminine.

I have created four layouts, two heritage and two with very recent photos. I have used chipboard in all of my layouts, from three different companies, all available from Papermaze.


Before we start making the pages - here are the details of the kit:

Patterned Paper's:
Prima Marketing - Nature Lover collection - In Flight
Ciao Bella - Delta collection - River Wood & Seagrass
Simple Stories - Happily Ever After - We Do!
Kaisercraft - Explorer collection - Roam
Jen Hadfield - Reaching Out collection - Over The Rainbow
P13 - Soulmate collection #02
Bazzill - Truffle & White

This shows the flip side of the patterned papers:


Embellishments:
Simple Stories Colour Vibe Alphabet Sticker sheet, 25cm lace, Prima butterfly, rainbow clip, 3 Prima flowers, 5
Stamperia Chipboard Quotes, P13 film card and 5x gems

Extra Bazzill Pack:
Yukon Gold,
Powder Blue, Pigment & Dusk.

Ferrisa Banks - (1850 - 1934) The details of this ancestor's life will be on my personal blog, and I will put them on the back of the layout for future generations to find.


For this layout I used a Tumbled Glass Distress Ink pad to ink the edges of the papers and card.

I built up the page using a sheet of scrap 12" x 12" paper as a base. Working from the outer edges I first placed 2.5cm strips of Dusk Bazzill. Next came strips of 'We Do!' paper cut to 2.5cm and trimmed with a Martha Stewart border punch - I used the pale blue side. I flipped this paper to the brown floral side and tore 2.5cm strips.  With the blue side of the 'In Flight' paper I cut 3cm wide pieces for each side and trimmed them with another Martha Stewart border punch.

To these paper layers I added strips of lace.

The gap between the strips of paper and lace were filled with a piece of Powder Blue Bazzill trimmed to 21cm wide. I stamped this randomly with the script stamp from the Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Entomology stamp, using an Archival Ink Pad - Potting Soil.

I tied two lengths of pale blue seam binding ribbon around the cardstock with a bow to the right side.


I selected a chipboard clock face from Tando Creative and treated this with clear embossing ink and Stampendous Shabby Blue Embossing Enamel.

My photo was trimmed and attached to the film strip card from the kit.

The Flower Buds piece from a chipboard set by Dusty Attic, was treated with a coat of Gesso. Then I added Walnut Stain and Antique Linen Distress Paints.


All the above pieces and the photo were arranged onto the page, then I embellished with Tim Holtz Idea-ology Filmstrip ribbon, fussy cut butterflies from the 'In Flight' paper, and the quote chips from the kit.


I die cut a title from the Dusk Bazzill and finally added Nuvo Glitter Drops to the butterfly wings and the flower buds.

Elizabeth Humbley Banks - (1796 - 1861) - Another ancestor from the same family line as Ferrisa.

With the Pigment Bazzill as my base, I used a stencil by That Special Touch and several Distress Ink Pads in shades of brown, to create a script background. I inked the edges with more Distress Ink. 


I tore the top from the
Soulmate #02 paper at an angle, then trimmed a tiny strip from the other three sides. This was mounted towards the bottom of the Bazzill.

I chose two
Scrapiniec Chipboard pieces, a lantern and a frame. These were both treated with clear embossing ink and some copper embossing powder. 

My photo was trimmed and mounted inside the frame before attaching it to the top left, overlapping the card and paper. I used the lace from the kit to tuck along the top edge of the paper. I also tucked half a small doily under the edge of the paper, to the right of the photo. Onto this I added the butterfly from the kit.

I placed the lantern to the bottom right of the page. With a selection of paper flowers from my stash I created floral clusters over the page. To these I added some pearls to the flower centres. The leaves were made from Dusk Bazzill using a die from Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlits Funky Foliage set.  

I cut my title on the Cricut and embossed it with clear embossing powder to give it a little shine. x


That's all for today, back with more from this kit very soon.
Thanks for looking
Lynn x

No comments: