Wednesday 8 September 2021

Paige Evans ~ Bungalow Lane #1

Hi all, 
It’s Anna back with you today and for September I am working with Paige Evans’ Bungalow Lane collection! 
I love this collection, with plenty of bright, bold patterns, florals and hints of autumnal tones too. You can find the collection in the shop here
I have been working with a selection of the patterned papers, matchmaker cardstock, dimensional stickers and Home Sweet Home Phrase Stickers as well as a few extra pieces from my stash. 


I really wanted to use this collection to document a summer trip to a sunflower field as I thought the colours would work really well with this collection. So I began by cutting out a large sunflower cutfile (also by Paige Evans) on white bazzill cardstock. I backed both the petals and centre with paper 11 .  


I then set about deciding what patterned paper or cardstock the cutfile would work best against. I tried several options, all of which weren’t quite working. But when I tried the b side of paper 17 this went quite well with the blues in my photos as well as the vertical stripes of the deckchairs. 


I mounted my photographs onto the b side of paper 15
I also fussy cut a few of  the semi circles from this paper too and adhered them under each photo. I also tore a strip of paper 4 and placed it at the bottom of my layout. 
I made a hidden journaling element using a trimmed down project life card and a phrase from paper 23, which I tucked under a photograph.


I used a floral from the dimensional stickers in between my two photographs and the happiness phrase and a heart above the right photo. I then finished by adding a title using some of the foam phrase stickers from the Home Sweet Home Phrase Stickers


Thanks so much for looking and I’ll see you soon with another layout using Bungalow Lane! 
Anna
X

 

No comments: