Wednesday 1 September 2021

August Papermaze Kit - Part 2

Lynn back with my second pair of layouts using the bright and colourful kit for the month of August, which is still available from Papermaze.

 

Here is a reminder of what you will find in the kit. For full details please see my previous post HERE.


Hello - Tiny Liquorice when she was first allowed outside - exploring the garden.

Inspired by a layout created by Paige Evans – although she uses 6” x 8” patterned paperpad and a sheet of Wonders #2 paper (not part of this kit).

I used the CVS Sunkissed Good Vibration (stripe) paper as my background for this page. First I trimmed it down to 29x29cm and mounted it over a gutted sheet of Admiral Bazzill. I then mounted my photo onto a piece of the same Bazzill. I glued the photo into position on the paper.

I spent an evening in front of the T.V. fussy cutting all the butterflies from a sheet of Paige Evans Wonders #8 paper. I sorted them into colours and inked each one with a matching colour Distress Ink. I curved the wings with the blade of my scissors and arranged the butterflies in a rainbow formation over the layout. They were attached with a little glue on the body and a small 3D foam pad under each wing to achieve some dimension.




I added the title and some stars using the foam glitter word from the kit.


Accessories
- Little Scarlett, very pleased with the combination of accessories she has found to wear with her undies!


For this layout I used a sheet of smooth white Bazzill, and tore strips of Embroidered
and Sunny Days
papers. These were arranged top and bottom of the page, and I drew a light pencil line on the white card to show me where the cardstock would show.

I set aside the patterned paper and created some dots
with a stencil from Vicki Boutin's Bubbles set and some Distress Oxide Inks. The dots fade in colour from where the patterned paper will be into the centre. I also flicked some watered down Distress Oxide Ink over the page.


When the ink was dry I glued the torn papers in place. I mounted my photo on some spare paper and Grenadine Bazzill. The photo was attached to the page.

I created a title with Tim Holtz Wonderland BigzXL Sizzix die, and a subtitle and date with Tim's Label Sizzix Thinlits set. I also used the acrylic heart from the kit to form the letter 'O'.


For the floral clusters I used all six of the CVS Sunkissed floral ephemera pieces from the kit.
To add more flora, I created flowers and leaves with two Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlits sets - Funky Floral #2 and Small Tattered Florals. I cut these flowers and leaves from all the coloured cardstock in the kit and Bazzill Extra pack. I popped a pearl in the centre of each of the flowers and scattered a few of the puffy green star stickers from the kit. 
 


That's all for the August kit, I will be back with the September Kit very soon.
Thanks for Looking.
Lynn x

No comments: