Friday 3 September 2021

Paige Evans' Bungalow Lane - 'Sunshine' by Meg

Hello everyone, hope you've had a a lovely August full of new memories and fun! 

I'm here today to share my latest layout using Paige Evans' Bungalow Lane - it's quite a simple layout today as I felt like this diamond patterned paper just deserved to be centre stage! 


I started with the leftover paper scraps from my previous layout, fussy cutting the diamonds from paper #18. I measured them and chose a photo from my wedding to cut into a diamond shape, so that two diamonds would fit next to the photo. I picked out plain white cardstock (Bazzill Avalanche is one of my favourites!) as my background and used pencil to draw a guide grid across the paper, before arranging some of the diamonds across the page to decide on where my photo would go. 
I stitched in white thread around where my photo would go and then began stitching my diamonds to the page, adding foam behind it so they form more of a 'V' shape to create texture. I popped my photo up on foam too. 

I decided to add some more colour to the layout and carefully tore off the corner of the page, placing paper #08 behind, with vellum on top to soften the colour slightly. I added a strip of the other side of paper #08 across the top of the page and tucked in a piece of ephemera from the packet of Ephemera Icons with Copper Foil and a flower from the Floral Ephemera

I finished the page by distressing the edges all around the page, curling some of the diamonds for texture, adding some journaling and I adhered the 'Happiness & Sunshine' banner from Ephemera Icons with Copper Foil. 

Thanks for swinging by today and I hope you love creating your own pages with Bungalow Lane as much as I have! 

Take care, 

Meg x 

No comments: