Monday 6 November 2023

49 & Market - ART Options Spice - Gather

Hi everyone and Happy November!

How did we get here so quickly?! I must confess though, I love this time of the year. I love the colours of the season, those last few warm days and the crisp, clean air.

To document my stories this month, I'm using the Art Options Spice collection from 49 & Market. For me, it combines the best of everything autumnal - the rich colours, textures, florals and of course Pumpkins.

For this layout however, I've chosen not to follow a traditional pumpkin layout, but instead, I've focused on gratitude and given it an autumnal, harvest feel. I hope you like it.



Every year, one of my best friends and I get together to visit the pumpkin farm, explore the forest and find a nice country pub to enjoy a good lunch, and this is the story i'm capturing here.

Of course, I started with a piece of Premium White cardstock. I cut two strips of patterned paper from the Foundations Collection Pack. It's the Coloured Foundations #1 sheet.

I distressed the edges and lay the larger piece flat, layering the shorter piece on top, raised on foam. This would form the anchor for my design. Once they were added, the top section of each strip looked a bit white as the paper has a mixed media/ombre design. To balance this, I transferred some of the orange rub on from the Color Wash Rub Ons pack to the top and this brought the pop of colour I was looking for.

To create a central focus, I positioned my photograph in the middle of the paper strips, and added a green lace trim down the outer edge, taken from the Laser cut out elements pack.


To add interest, I layered up some ephemera; 
 - a large ticket, fussy cut from the reverse cover sheet of the Collection Pack
 - a long green ticket from the Ephemera bits pack
 - a postage stamp from the Laser Cut Outs
 - a small tab, again from the Ephemera bits pack.



I double mounted the photograph using the Spun Gold and Ginger Kiss papers which I had from the Collection Pack. They're also available as single sheets in the store. For extra texture I tore the bottom edge of each paper.



I wanted to create a large statement floral cluster, so opted to fussy cut a floral cluster form the left hand side of the Ginger Kiss paper.

I cut a small line in the paper before I stuck it down, that would allow me to add in an extra leaf spring from the laser cut outs elements pack. This helped add extra movement and dimension to the cluster.


To build the cluster further, I added some flowers from the laser pack and a pumpkin from the chipboard pack, before creating my title.


For my title, I took the word 'Gather' which seemed fitting for my story, and added a 'friends forever' phrase underneath, These were taken from the Chipboard Word Set. The 'Fall Favorites' phrase is flatter cardboard and is from the Laser Cut Out Elements. I also layered a leaf and small purple ticket from the Ephemera bits and Laser cut out elements packs.





To balance the design, I wanted to create a smaller cluster in the top left of the photo. I used a floral cluster from the Laser Cut Out Elements pack along with a smaller purple flower.



For extra depth, I also added some leafy run ons from the 6x8 Rub Ons pack, and used some of the other rub ons from this pack to add a little extra interest.




I love how this looked, so wanted to add a few more rub ons under the floral clusters. I took the green run on from the Color Wash Rub ons set and added them underneath each of the two main floral clusters, Although this was a bit tricky to do once the clusters were in place, it was definitely worth it.

As a final touch, I added a splash of gold spray and the page was complete!

You can find the 49 & Market Art Options Spice collection in the shop here - it's selling out fast so grab it whilst you can!

See you soon with another layout!

Happy scrapping!

Claire xx
@scrappysoulmate

No comments: