Friday 17 November 2023

Catching Up When You Feel Behind

 


Hello!! Lisa here with a huge catch up session.

I hate that feeling of not keeping up and it's something that I always tell people not to worry about. 

Life gets in the way and we are busy making memories rather than recording them.
However, I've been so good with my weekly journal this year that I wanted to keep up to date.

I don't stress about the weekly and sometimes I just do 3 weeks on a page spread, but I still wanted to document a few things.


  I ended up creating 3 spreads in the one sitting so I was up to date and that felt so good.


I used the new Christmas collection from Pink Fresh Studio - Holiday Dreams - here.

Now I know these aren't Christmas pages, but I'm not huge into Christmas scrapbooking. I keep a small journal and just do minimal. That way I can keep up and I just don't like documenting December after December, so this way works best for me.

I do however LOVE papers like these. Chrismassy, but not full on in your face Santas and Rudolphs if you know what I mean.

So a collection like this is perfect for me.


Lots of bits to cut out.

These papers were so pretty that I wanted them to be the focal point of this particular spread, so I created flips to hide photos.


And I fussy cut some leaves from one of the patterned papers.


This one here I cut from this piece here.

The green became a great frame for my photo and the JOY was perfect as it was. It doesn't have to be a Christmas page to work.

I had so much fun with this collection and will use the remainder in my weekly journal over Christmas which I will share with you later in December.

If you'd like to watch this catch up journal session, there's a video here.

Have fun documenting your every day stories.
Lisa xx


No comments: