Wednesday 22 November 2023

49 & Market - ARToptions Spice - Lovely Here With You

Hello everyone!

I'm excited to be back with you today, sharing my second layout using the ARToptions Spice collection from 49 & Market. You can find it in the shop here.

If you've seen my posts before, you'll know I like a themed collection, but I LOVE a themed collection that can be stretched beyond its traditional theme. With this in mind, today, I'll be using this autumnal collection to document some photographs from a summer wedding - and it does the job wonderfully!


 

I started with a piece of premium white cardstock. I knew I wanted to add a splash of mixed media, but as it would be minimal, I didn't gesso the paper.

To create an anchor for my page, I cut two large flags, using the Inverted Garden paper, creating a bold bright pop of colour on which to build my layout.

To reflect the colours in the photo (mainly in Mr Claire's suit) I used the b side of the paper to pull out the natural tones, adding freshness to the page.

Once I knew roughly where they would sit on the page, I mixed some purple watercolour paint to match the florals in the collection, and applied lightly with a brayer just so the paint would peek out from the sides. I really like the subtlety of this.

I offset the flags, raising on foam for dimension, and to help me layer and build depth.

To echo the two different sizes of flags, I decided to scale my photographs in the same way, with one larger picture and one smaller picture. For the smaller photograph, I double layered, using a black and white picture underneath, and adding a coloured print of the same photograph on top, creating extra interest.


I mounted these using papers from the 12x12 collection pack and adhered to the flags with foam, distressing the edges for texture.

Then came the fun bit - the embellishing! This collection offers a vast array of options for embellishing, and each one is spectacular - you really can't go wrong. It's a great opportunity to let your creativity run wild!

I started with some 6x8 Rub-ons, layering them on top of the mixed media. I also added a leaf from the same pack which would emerge from under my title, shown below.

On top of this, I added some florals and foliage from the Laser Cut Outs Wildflowers. I love 49 & Market Laser Cut Outs - they're exquisite! So intricate and impactful. You don't need to use many at all to make a real statement on a page.

I also added a butterfly from the Laser Cut Outs Elements, to bring in a little more purple.


Under the smaller photograph, I created a delicate cluster, again using florals from the Laser Cut Outs Wildflowers.


To add a little more colour, I took some beautiful mixed media leaves and used these as a base to hold additional phrases from the Laser Cut Out Elements and Ephemera Bits.



To finish the page, I added a title and subtitle from the Chipboard Word Set and a big pink bow from the Laser Cut Elements.


This collection has been an absolute joy to create with, and I love that it's enabled me to document stories well beyond the pumpkin patch. 



I hope the layouts I have shared have inspired you. Don't forget, you can check out the collection in full here

Happy shopping!

See you soon.

Claire xx

@scrappysoulmate 

No comments: