Thursday 26 September 2024

Thankful - 49 and Market - Vintage Orchard Collection

Hi everyone, it's Rebecca with you today sharing my second layout of the month. I'm still loving working with the Vintage Orchard collection from 49 and Market - more so now the weather has turned that little bit more autumnal! Anybody else scrap with the seasons? It may be a bit weird but I'm not one for scrapping summer in autumn, and spring in winter etc... I find my inspiration and creativity flow better working with the current season. You can find the full collection in the shop here.


For today's layout I really wanted to use the black woodgrain patterned paper from the collection, but felt like it was a bit too much as a background and felt like I needed some empty space on the page to balance it out. To achieve a more balanced feel, I cut the woodgrain paper into smaller strips, distressed the edges and arranged them in the centre of a sheet of Premium White Cardstock. To add a bit more detail to these strips, I applied torn sections from the Washi Tape Sheets and I love the look that this has achieved.


Not wanting to cover up all the washi, I decided to just scrap with one photo today. I've used one of the Stacked Frames to house my photo, with a journalling card from the Ephemera Bits to bring in more of the copper shade that features in my photo. I positioned my photo over on the right hand side of the page, and using some of the die-cuts from the Laser Cut Elements and Laser Cut Wildflowers, I built up a small cluster in the corner.


For the title, I've used a die-cut from the Ephemera Bits. I've gone for a bright green title to bring a pop of colour to the page. 


To help balance the layout, I've created a smaller cluster using die cuts to the top left corner of the layout. On top of both clusters, I've added a chipboard phrase from the Chipboard Set.


To add some details to my background, I've applied some Rub-On transfers from both the Botanicals Rub-Ons and the Essentials Rub Ons. I absolutely adore 49 and Market rub ons - the packs are so generous and they are so easy to apply. I love how they give my background a mixed-media effect with very little effort from me!

To finish the layout, I slotted in a couple of notebook edge die cuts from the Laser Cut Elements and some of the Wishing Bubbles and Baubles stickers. 


Thanks so much for reading. I hope you like the layout and it offers you some inspiration. This stunning collection is available in the shop now so grab it before it sells out!

Take care

Rebecca x 

@preciouspagespapercraft


No comments: