Monday 23 September 2024

Vicki Boutin's Bold & Bright for American Crafts - Magic Moments

Hello, Karen here sharing another layout using Vicki Boutin's Bold & Bright collection

My layout today uses the Picnic Blanket paper and lots of fussy cut elements, phrase Thickers and puffy stickers. The layout is a very clean, graphic, grid design that uses all the colours in the collection.

I started by printing my journalling onto a sheet of 12x12 smooth white cardstock. I wanted the journalling to run round the outside edge of a grid, so I created my journalling on an MSWord document. I drew a 10" square in the centre of the document and then, using WordArt, I added my journalling to the outside edges of the square. Finally I deleted the square, leaving just the words, and printed the journalling on my computer.

Using a 2" square punch I punched 16 squares from the Picnic Blanket paper. The squares were arranged in a 4 x 4 grid and using a black gel pen I drew grid lines between the squares. The paper squares were already printed with faux stitching lines so there was no need for real stitching on this layout.


I double matted my 3x4 photo with green paper and white cardstock and placed this at an angle in the bottom right corner of the layout.

I took the word 'Moments' from the sheet of Puffy Title Thickers  and the word 'Magic' from a sheet of  Paige Evans Adventurous collection Phrase Thickers and added them to the bottom of the layout.


Then came the fun part of embellishing the layout and I choose to embellish tone-on-tone. I added fussy cut butterflies from the Smile Bright Paper to some of the squares. I glued the body of the butterfly to the layout and put 3d foam pads underneath the wings to add some dimension.


The sheet of mini puffy stickers has 101 tiny stickers (butterflies, hearts, stars, dots and words) so some of those were added too.


In my stash I found enamel dots in all the colours and dotted a few of these on each square.

Words were cut from the 3x4 tags sheet of paper and used on some squares.

I trimmed the white card down slightly and matted this onto a sheet of black cardstock leaving a narrow border.

Tiny heart stickers were placed in the corners and then with a black gel pen I drew lines round the outside of the layout.

Thank you for dropping in today. I hope I have given you some inspiration for using the Bold & Bright collection and I will be back again soon with another layout.

Take Care, Karen x x

No comments: