Friday 6 September 2024

Vicki Boutin's Bold & Bright for American Crafts - Take the Pictures

Hello, Karen here. I'm back today with another layout using Vicki Boutin's gorgeous Bold & Bright collection which is perfect for scrapbooking sunny, summer photos. The weather in the UK this summer has been a bit up and down but on the days when it's been sunny, I hope you've managed to get out and create lots of memories and take lots of photos. The title on today's layout is a Foam Phrase Thickers from the collection which says 'Take the Pictures to Capture the Memories', and that is so true. 

I started my layout with a sheet of smooth white 12x12 cardstock and in the middle I smooshed some aqua blue acrylic paint. I then trimmed the cardstock down slightly, distressed the edges and matted it onto a sheet of Ocean blue Bazzill cardstock.


I  cut random sized rectangles from the Light of Day, Mixed Tags, Spinning Wheels and Picnic Blanket papers distressed the edges and layered them in the centre of the layout. I used the B sides which have smaller all over designs on them.

Using black thread I machine stitched a straight stitch round the edges of all the papers and the layout.

Onto the paper layers I placed my 6x4 photo which I matted with white cardstock.

I fussy cut some of the blue and green wheels from the Spinning Wheels paper, distressed the edges and tucked these under the paper layers.

One of the Foam Phrase Thickers overlaps the corner of the photo.

The branding strip from the Smile Bright paper has black arrows on it. I cut the branding strip into pieces and used this to embellish the top and bottom of the layout.

My journalling was printed as word strips and stuck below the photo.

Finally I scattered some sequins and enamel dots around the layout.

I hope you find some inspiration from this layout and the Bright and Bold collection can be found here in the the shop.

Take Care

Karen x x

No comments: