Friday 20 September 2024

Pretty Little Studio - You Are My Sunshine - Happy Dog

Hello,

It's Claire here today sharing a new layout with the You Are My Sunshine collection from Pretty Little Studio. Check out the collection in full here


For this layout, I'm focusing on those gorgeous scallops from the Be Cheerful paper.

I fussy cut each strip in varying lengths and then chose 8 to use on my page, focusing on the solid colours rather than the bold patterned strips.

I layered these vertically, laying the scallops back to back. I only adhered the straight edge of each strip with glue, meaning I could lightly ruffle the edges to lift the scalloped edge off the page, creating dimension. 

Next I mounted my photos on a piece of green card from the Matchmaker Pack. I raised the photos on foam, offsetting them against the scallops. 

To embellish, I reached for the stars from the Under the Stars die cuts and scattered these around my photo. 

Then, to turn this from a bright summery layout into a warm autumnal layout, I grabbed some leaf dies and cut some leaves from the cardstock in the Matchmaker pack, which matches the colours in the collection perfectly. 


I inked the edges of the leaves for extra interest and mixed this in amongst the stars. 

To create the title, I grabbed some alphas from my stash and positioned the title along the vertical edge of the scallop. 


As a final touch, I added some phrases from the Pet Lovers Word Stickers. 

I hope you've enjoyed this blog and have been inspired to create. 

Until next month, happy scrapping! 

Claire xx

@scrappysoulmate 








No comments: