Wednesday 4 September 2024

Pretty Little Studio - You are my Sunshine - If Mums Were Flowers...

Hello there and welcome back to the Papermaze blog,

It's Claire here today and I'm sharing another layout with the You are my Sunshine collection from Pretty Little Studio. This collection is one of two halves - It has bold bright colours and patters on the one hand, and on the other, it offers softer, more subtle patters and beautifully drawn florals. It also has some pet elements in the collection - What's not to love!!

Given my first layout was bold and bright, today, I'm showcasing the other half of this collection and hope it demonstrates its versatility. 


The layout is mostly made with die cut embellishments showing you only need a few pieces to create an impactful page.

I started with a piece of Premium White Cardstock and applied a thin coat of gesso because I knew I wanted to create a mixed media background.

Once the gesso was dry, I added splotches of watercolour in blue and green tones to match the shades in the collection as closely as I could.  I left this to dry overnight and continued with the design the following morning.

I pulled out the Apple Blossom Floral Die Cuts which contain several large die cut floral clusters that make a real statement. Using 4 of these, I positioned these across the page on top of my mixed media, layering and raising on foam to create a bit of dimension.

On top of the florals, I added some smaller butterfly and bee embellishments, providing additional detail to draw your eye into the design.


In laying my florals across the page, there was a natural gap in the middle to house my photograph.  To draw in all the colours of the collection, I layered up three frames from the Frisbee Frame Die Cuts. I really love this effect and enjoyed using the frames as layering pieces rather than as frames directly.


Creating a little more interest, I adhered a small 'love' sticker to the photo, taken from the Per Lovers Word Stickers.

For that little bit of extra movement, I selected some extra foliage from the Fresh Bloom Stems Die Cuts adding one at each end of the large cluster and one in the middle.


To help ground the design, I added two small strips of the Summer Garden paper, adding a decorate edge with a border punch.  


To create my title, I created a small cluster to sit alongside the paper strip, mounted on top of some mixed media, one of the frames and some smaller florals. The alphas are from my stash (Happy Heart collection by Pinkfresh Studio) but the colours matched so well.



And with that, the page was finished. I hope you've enjoyed reading this blog and seeing how the page came together.

This really is a beautiful collection and I can't put it down - In fact, I will have a third layout to share with you later this month, but until then, happy scrapping!

Claire xx
@scrappysoulmate

No comments: