Monday 1 April 2024

March Papermaze Kit - Part 2

 

Lynn here with the second pair of layouts I have made with the March Papermaze Kit. Lovely pastel spring colours make this kit perfect for spring and Easter themed layouts.

Here are the details of what you will find in the kit:

Patterned Papers:
Celes Gonzalo - Rainbow Avenue collection - Rainbow Avenue and My Memories
Photo Play - Fresh Picked 2 collection - Country Flowers
Simple Stories - Fresh Air collection - Bright + Beautiful
Simple Stories - True Colours collection - Take the Photo
Simple Stories - Hoppy Easter collection - Hello Peeps


Embellishments:
Selection of Rosie's Studio puffy stickers, 2  Rosie's Studio chipboard frames, 2 wax seals, selection of P13 stickers, 4 Simple Stories journal ephemera, 5 Prima flowers, 12" twine, and a strip of dew drops


Bazzill Basics Cardstock - Aqua, Coconut Swirl (included in kit), Blossom, Coastal, Purple Palisades and Pollen can be found in the extra pack.


The Great Orme - The children in a cable car, traveling over The Great Orme, on holiday in North Wales.

I cut a deep frame by gutting the 'Hoppy Easter' paper to make a 2" frame. I trimmed a sheet of smooth white Bazzill to measure 10" x 10", inked the edges and placed this centrally over the frame.

I printed my photo and placed it in the centre of the layout. with a selection of tags cut from the 'My Memories' paper. I inked the edges of the tags and added a glittery brad to the top of each one. 


From the same sheet of patterned paper, I cut the banner flags and with some twine from my stash, and some 3D foam pads, I strung the flags across the layout. I used two of the journal ephemera pieces, the wax seals, puffy phrase stickers and the P13 stickers from the kit to embellish the page.


My title was created with some LDRS One Fine Day small puffy alpha stickers from my own stash.




Let Love Bloom - My children again, this time at my parent's home, playing in the garden at Easter time.


For this layout I used a piece of scratch 12" x 12" (any unwanted sheet of paper, as it will be covered). To cover this, I cut a 3" x 12" strip from the 'Bright and Beautiful' paper, and applied this to the very bottom of the layout, with the green floral side uppermost. Then I tore a strip of 'Take the Photo' paper 1" x 12" and applied this above the previous strip with the yellow hearts side showing. Finally, I used a 10" x 12" piece of the 'Country Flower' paper, with the yellow polka dot side showing to cover the rest of the layout. The torn edges were slightly curled back to reveal a little of the underside of the paper.


I mounted my photo onto some of the Pollen Bazzill and with some foam underneath, I applied it to the layout. I attached a small green eyelet to each side of the layout (about 2" down from the top), I threaded the twine from the kit through these eyelets and attached it at the back with a little tape to hold it in place. I set about making a pile of spring leaves using the Tim Holtz - Sizzix Thinlits Die Set - Artsy Leaves. I cut the leaf pieces from Bazzill supplied in the kit and some from my stash. I built the leaves and attached them to the page, to appear as they are hanging from the twine. Some leaves were stuck down to the page and others were attached with 3D foam pads, and overlap the others.


About 3" in from the right of the page, where the torn layers of paper sit at the bottom of the page I cut into these layers and curled the papers apart a little more than the rest. I tucked one of the Journal Ephemera Pieces from the kit under where the papers overlap. This is where I chose to add the date, using Doodlebug Designs Alphabet Soup Puffy stickers in Bumblebee.


I cut a two wreathes from some green cardstock, using the Tim Holtz - Sizzix Thinlits Set - Funky Wreaths, I cut these apart and used them to arrange around the date.


I chose a title from a set of Simple Stories - The Little Things - Foam Stickers and added this to the page under the photo, I added a few more die cuts from the wreaths over the leaves on the sticker. Then I added the paper flowers from the kit to several different areas of the page. I also used more of the P13 phrase stickers.


Finally, I used the clear yellow, Dew Drop Stickers from the kit.

That's all for the March layout. Back with the April kit soon.
Thanks for looking
Lynn x

No comments: