Friday 19 April 2024

Simple Stories - Noteworthy - Smile

Hello,

It's Claire here and today I have another layout to share with you using the Noteworthy collection from Simple Stories.

Earlier this month, I made a page focusing on the writing/documenting elements of the collection, whereas today, I'm all about the florals!


To the white cardstock included in the Matchmaker Pack, I cut two pieces of the June paper (roughly 4" and 5.5") and adhered these flat to the page with the smaller piece at the top and larger piece at the bottom, leaving about 2" of white space on either side of the page. For texture, I distressed the edges before sticking each piece in place.

Next, I took a 3" photo and printed it twice, offsetting these one on top of the other to create a stacked photo look - an effect I really enjoy.


Before adhering to the page, I wanted to pull in some of the green and brown tones of my photograph, so I added a scalloped woodgrain border from the Cardstock Stickers and a strip of the April paper.

Raising the photos on foam, I them began to embellish using more stickers and florals from the Floral Bits & Pieces pack.


I also pulled in some of the more documenting themed elements Cardstock Stickers to build out the floral cluster.


Underneath, I added some of the phrases from the Cardstock Sticker sheet, raising on foam to draw the eye into this main cluster.


For my title, I oped for one of those gorgeous Foam Stickers - they're definitely one of my favourite elements of Simple Stories collections.


I 'framed' the title at each end with flowers from the Floral Bits & Pieces pack and added a camera sticker on foam from the Cardstock Stickers to balance the design.


I scattered a few white Nuvo Drops across the page and my page was complete!

This design came together very quickly and I love the bold bright colours against some of the softer florals.  I hope you've enjoyed it. Please do take a moment to check out this beautiful collection in the shop. You can find it right here.

I'll be back next month with some more layouts. Until then, happy scrapping!


Claire xx

@scrappysoulmate

No comments: