Friday 26 April 2024

Mintay Papers - Playtime - Beach Buddies

Hello, Karen here again with a final project using Mintay's Playtime collection. I only had a few papers left from my design team kit but the less busy B sides were perfect for a scrapbook layout using a beach photo of my brother and I taken many years ago.


I started by trimming a sheet of 12" x 12" Bazzill smooth white cardstock and matted this on a 12" x 12" sheet of Bazzill Aqua cardstock leaving a narrow border round the edges.


In the centre of the layout I placed pieces of papers #1, #3 & #4 and using white thread, machine stitched a straight stitch around the edges of all the papers and around the edge of the whole layout. The pieces of paper measured roughly 6" x 10", 8" x 6.5" and 4" x 8".


My 6x4 photo was matted onto white cardstock and placed on top of the papers with 3D foam underneath to add some dimension. Using some fringing scissors, I created three fringed border strips from some white cardstock, layered these on top of each other and then tucked them underneath the bottom edge of the photo. Using my fingertips I ruffled up the fringes to create some depth and shadows. I think the fringe adds a playful touch to the layout.


On my Silhouette Cameo I cut from white cardstock the 'Day at the Beach' cut file from Confessions of a Paper Addict. With scraps from the collection and some kraft cardstock I backed the cut file and then placed this in the bottom right corner of the layout, overlapping the patterned papers and the fringed border strips. 3D foam was placed underneath the cut file.


In the top right of the layout I created a pennant from more scraps of patterned paper and added a small fringe border to echo the larger fringed border created earlier.


Letters, die cut from more of the paper, were used for the title.


The date and place were printed onto a piece of white card on the computer and stuck to the bottom of the layout.


Finally I splattered some yellow watercolour paint onto the layout and scattered some aqua coloured enamel dots and sequins here and there.

I hope you have enjoyed seeing what I've made with Mintay's Playtime Collection and that I have shown how versatile the collection is.

Until next time, take care.
Karen x x




No comments: