Wednesday 10 April 2024

Mintay Papers - Playtime - Mini Album

Hello, Karen here. Today I have something different to share with you - a mini album. I usually use my design team kit to make scrapbook layouts but this time I thought the papers would be perfect for a  mini book. 


I created the basic album using this tutorial from Graphic 45 although I adjusted the sizes slightly. 


The basic album was created using a sheet of chipboard and a sheet of Bazzill Basics Lava Cardstock.


In the spine I created hinges for 6 double sided pages. The pages were created using the papers form the collection. I cut six 6x4 pieces which I folded in half and stuck to the hinges. By leaving some of the edges unstuck, I was able to create pockets for tags, etc. Pieces of paper #4 were stuck to the covers, inside covers and spine.


I decorated the pages of the album using the Paper Elements Pack. On the inside cover I stuck a  round scalloped image raising it on 3D foam. The edge of pages 1 & 2 were left open and a tag created from paper #04 and some bakers twine, tucked inside. Using a circle punch I cut a simi-circle from the side of the page to make it easier to remove the tag and repeated this on several of the other pages.


On page 3 (and 4) I glued two more round scalloped images, back to back, to the edge of the pages. This allowed me to slip a journalling card created from more of the Paper Elements, underneath the unstuck side of the Scalloped pieces.


Page 5 & 6 were left open at the top and a tag was slipped inside.


The Elements Pack contains some envelopes and one of these was glued to page no 7. This could be used to hold memorabilia, a photo, etc..


I cut a couple of slits near the bottom of page no 8 and another tag was slipped behind the 'band'. To embellish the band I added a cute fox cut from paper #9 with some 3D foam underneath to raise it up slightly.

Pages 9 & 10 were left open at the top and a tag slipped inside.


On page 11 and 12 I created pockets using labels from the Elements Pack. On Page 11 I put a tag into the pocket.


In the pocket on page 12 I put a mini notebook created from a scrap of paper from the collection and some white copier paper.

In side the back cover I added another envelope.


On the front and back cover I added cards cut from paper #06 which I matted onto red cardstock and added to the album covers with 3D foam underneath.




To close the album, red ribbon was glued to the back and front of the album before adding the images on top. To the front of the album I added some metal corners.


To decorate the spine I strung beads and charms from my stash onto some silver elastic and secured them to the spine, tying the elastic ends together on the inside.

I hope you like this mini album. I really enjoyed making it and the Playtime collection was perfect for this. 

I'll be back soon. Take Care.

Karen x x

No comments: