Friday 5 April 2024

Simple Stories - Noteworthy - Memories Documented

Hi everyone,

Claire here today sharing a new layout made with the Noteworthy collection from Simple Stories

This collection is a pocket pages style collection, with lots of cut apart elements.  Although I don't make pocket pages, i'm always drawn to these collections. The patterns on the b sides are so much fun, you can really let your imagination run wild!   Add to that, the cut apart elements give you tonnes of mileage and really let you stretch the collection and bulk out your ephemera. It's a great value option.

I've used three major cut apart elements in this layout, creating a big statement just by fussy cutting.



To the Premium White Cardstock, I added a piece of the March paper, cut to 8.5" square with distressed edges, created by scuffing the edges of the paper with my scissors. Along the top, I used a punch to give a notebook edge look.

Using the cut apart elements from this paper, I cut two tall elements, a spiral notebook and envelope, from the March and June papers, and lay these on top of each other, slightly offset, to create an anchor for my photos to sit on.


I raised the spiral notebook piece on foam and cut right around the wire to help it look more authentic. I also added a foam sticker clip for extra interest. 

To balance the page across the square, I used another cut apart element, this time from the April paper. It had three coloured squares like Post It notes and I thought it would be perfect to house my photos. I flipped it horizontally across the page and adhered my photos on thin foam, showing just a bit of the coloured square underneath to help frame them.


To the left of the photo strip, I created a small cluster using floral ephemera, a sticker from the Cardstock Stickers and a clipboard from the Journaling Bits pack.


I also added a small floral cluster on the opposite end of the photo strip for balance.

Next, I added some of the cards from the Journaling Bits and stickers to the top of the photo strip to replicate a MemoryDex effect. I love how this part turned out - It's pulled all the colours, the paper elements and florals together in a single cluster. I think it's my favourite part of the whole layout.


 
To finish the layout, I added a bold title from the Foam Stickers, showcasing all the colours in the collection. As a final touch, I added the cute pencils to make it look like I'm ready to add journaling to the page.






This has been a really fun page to create - the colours in this collection are my favourite - lots of pinks, yellows and teals - what's not to love!

I'll be back in a few weeks with a second layout, and look forward to seeing you then.

Happy Scrapping!

Claire xx
@scrappysoulmate

No comments: