Wednesday 19 December 2007

Christmas Cards

Oh my goodness! Not long to go, loads to do and there's the cards still to make! If you're making some or all of your Christmas cards this year and are running out of ideas, read on for inspiration. And if you weren't planning on making any Christmas cards, read on anyway. You never know, you might just get inspired to make one or two this year!


Wendy's scraplifted her own design and created this lovely card using some of the gorgeous Rusty Pickle Snowflakes & Mittens papers.


I created the tree on this card with Queen & Co Bold Sequins and then added some gems for ornaments.


Next, a folk art style tree made from fabric and ribbon. I laid fabric and ribbon strips onto a tree shape cut from copier paper and attached them with adhesive. I turned the tree over and cut around the paper tree template leaving a small border of fabric. Turning the tree the right way up again, I stitched across the joins with zig-zag stitch and then all around the edge of the tree with straight stitch. I added fabric for the tree trunk, stitched a few button ornaments into place and then attached the tree to a card blank. Finally, I used Ranger Glossy Accents to attach a golden button to the top of my tree.


Finally, a simple embossed card. I placed a Making Memories snowflake brad under a piece of white card. I then ran an embossing tool around the edges of the snowflake. I repeated a couple more times to get the design I was after and then mounted it onto a card blank with a small mat of hot pink.

Have fun creating!

No comments: