As always, before we look at how my layouts were made, here are the details of the kit:
|May Papermaze Kit|
Simple Stories - Little Princess Collection - Believe in Fairy Tales and Enchanted
Kaisercraft - Paisley Days Collection - Retro and Good Vibes
Kaisercraft - Greenhouse Collection - Yucca
Authentique - Poised Collection - Poised Five
Bazzill cardstock - Rain and Bazzill White
|Reverse side of papers|
|Extra Bazzill Pack|
Jetstream, Guacamole, Glow and Petunia
Successful Succulents is my first layout, featuring a photo taken in the poly tunnel at Henstead Exotic Garden earlier this year.
All the inking for this layout was done with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink.
I gutted the Guacamole Bazzill leaving a 2.5cm frame. Then I trimmed (about 1cm from top and one side) and distressed the edges of the Kaisercraft - Greenhouse - Yucca paper. This was mounted over the Bazzill. (I gutted a piece from this paper, from where the photo will lie).
With Stampers Anonymous Entomology stamps I stamped script and insects over the Yucca paper with Archival ink.
I used a length of burlap from the shop across the centre of the layout. Over the top of this, I used several lengths of raffia, I tied knots at intervals to help keep the strands together.
I made a double mat for the photo with white and Guacamole Bazzill, distressing and inking the edges.
A barrel tub was created using the Potted Sizzix Bigz die, white Bazzill and Distress Ink.
The plant was made with a Sizzix Thinlits die from the Wildflower Stems #1 set. Two brads were used to join the straps around the barrel.
The title words were mounted on scraps of the Yucca paper, which I gutted from under the photo. Jillibean Soup stickers were used for the word 'Successful'. For 'Succulents' I used Guacamole Bazzill and Tonic Studios Windsor upper and lower case dies. The words 'Henstead Exotic Garden' were cut using Sizzix Thinlits alphabet die set - Alphanumeric Label. The year as made with some Tim Holtz Idea-Ology Metallic Alphabet Stickers (left over from a previous kit).
I also added a few appropriate words from the manufactures strip taken from the Yucca paper.
Finally I added the gems from the kit.
I Love My Cat - my second layout has a photo taken back in the 1960's transferred from a coloured slide. It is a picture of my sister with our pet cat - Caligula.
For this layout I used the two Kaisercraft - Paisley Days papers. First I took the sheet called Good Vibes and with a craft knife I cut away the pale blue area, leaving the flowers and the wooden frame.
I trimmed the Retro sheet to 25cm x 25cm and used it to back the gutted area. I added my photo tucking the bottom under the flowers. Then used all the flowers from the kit and arranged them among the printed flowers. I added leaf fronds cut with a Martha Stewart punch and the remains of the Retro paper.
I used the two heart pins to the right of the flowers. The wooden word was painted with Picket Fence Distress Paint and stuck to the right of the photo, forming part of my title. For the rest of the title I cut letters from the pale blue paper gutted from Good Vibes earlier. I used Tonic Studios Windsor upper case dies for these letters.
Finally the two heart stickers and the sequins from the kit were arranged on the layout.
That's all for the May kit. I will be back with the June kit later in the month.
Thanks for looking.