Sunday 8 November 2009

A mini album...

There has been alot of new stash coming into Papermaze over the last few weeks. So on a trip down there a few days ago i grab some of it to show you on here.

I decided to use one of the new Maya Road Chipboard albums. One of the reasons that i love these, is because you can use as much of it or as little as you like. The one i used here for example had 7 chipboards parts to it, so using both sides that is 14 pages. Now that is alot, so i didnt use them all.

They come undressed. So i normally take of the metal ring that holds it all together and seperate them like this...

I then started on the front page of the album... The first thing i did was to take out the spots as i wanted to cover them with different pattern papers...

I then chose the paper i wanted to use for this. As the new October Afternoon had just arrived i chose that.

I used these two on the front page. They are called Chicken Coop and Root Cellar.

I then added glue to the front of the front page... I normally use wet glue for this...
And then turn it upside down and adhere it...

I then cut round the edge using a knife...

Then i used a Basic Grey File to file down the edges...

I then inked the edges with brown ink...
Next i covered the dots, using the same process...

Now add the circles...
I then added some faux stitching around the edges...

And then added some lettering...
The rest of the pages are covered in the same manner... i wanted the photos to be the main focus on this album so i printed them all off really big!!!

4 comments:

kjjc said...

fabulous. Great choice of photos.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this! Great photos...they fit so perfectly on your pages! Just may be picking one of these albums up on my next visit!
Lou XX

lisa said...

Oh wow. Love seeing how you've created this and the finished creation too. Beautiful x

Jo said...

This is fantastic :D