Monday 1 November 2010

Hallowe'en treats!

Living out in the sticks, we don't get many trick or treaters at our door. But that doesn't stop us enjoying some of the Hallowe'en traditions, and every year the children have a pumpkin each to carve. The pictures I've used in this layout are last years pumpkins - but I was so pleased with the photos. I'm drawn to orange as a colour anyway (hence the shop logo!!) and love it when it's teamed with black. When the Toil & Trouble papers from Girls Paperie arrived in the shop, I knew they'd be perfect for this layout!


I've used a Martha Stewart PATP set, Crackle on Vanilla cardstock, which is then mounted on black - and I'm really pleased with the effect! The felt pumpkins are by Queen & Co, and the addition of a few buttons, string & stitching were all that I felt the layout additionally needed.

This is the first time I've scrapped Hallowe'en photos, and for anyone who feels they'd like to do the same, check out our Hallowe'en goodies here. For the next 48 hours (until 8pm on Wednesday) you can get 25% off everything in that section! Just enter the code 25HALLOW in the coupon box - we'll refund your card or paypal payment :)

3 comments:

Lynn said...

That's fab Vanessa!

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

Fantastic layout Vanessa.

laterg8r said...

i love the edge, very creepy :D