Wednesday 28 March 2012

Distress ink project

After our basic introduction into the uses of distress inks, today I am going to show you how to make this:-


These are the basic products you will need:-

 

 and some stamps, cardstocks and embellishments.



Take a Ranger tag, or die cut tag, and colour using a distress ink technique of your choice.  I used the di's on the craft mat and spritzed with water, the top of my tag didn't have any colour on it, so using the cut and dry foam I added colour.


Take a distressing tool and distress the edges of the tag, using the cut and dry foam again run a dark colour (I've used vintage photo) along the edges to add definition.  Using a black marker pen, doodle lines around the edges of the tag...



The stamp sets I've used are both available from the shop.  Using a large background stamp, stamp the base of the tag.  set aside to dry.
Colour a strip of card using DI's and cut using the rosettes die, and make up, I've used a wooden flower coloured again with Di's to add to the centre with a piece of bling.
The flowers are white and sold by the metre and are by maya road - I've used cut and dry to colour them, spritzed them with water and then carefully dried them with my heat tool, these have been "topped and bottomed" by bling and pearls.
The centre saying:- colour a piece of cardstock by using the blending tool or cut and dry, here I have used some scrapbooking paper with text on, ink up a phrase stamp and stamp onto your inked piece, cut out and edge with a darker DI.
Some stick pins have been added to the rosette.
Ribbon and fibres have been inter-twinned with some Tim Holtz ideology and my own beaded pins to finish off the tag.

I hope you've enjoyed this little tutorial - I'd love to see if you create anything using any of these techniques or make a tag along similar lines.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Fabulous tag Carol
Janet x