Wednesday 20 March 2013

Our Story - Mini Book

Hello, it's Lisa here with you today sharing a new mini book.

I am absolutely loving the new My Minds Eye collection. Collectable.
When I saw this journal paper I knew I would be making a mini book with them.

- My Minds Eye - Collectable Memorable - Journey Journal

I made this little book.


Here's how.

First you need a 12x12 piece of cardstock.
I chose Vanilla. You need to divide it in to 3 and cut across giving you 3 strips and then score it down equally so you end up with this.  


And then you stick the ends together, I use doublesided tape. You will then have one long piece.



Then it's time to decorate.
I used the following papers from the same My Minds Eye collection.
Story Tale, Today Remember and Firsts Fresh from Unforgettable.
I alternated the papers for a colourful look and used the journal cards from the first paper I showed.


I haven't gone over the top with the embellishing. For me personally the papers are so beautiful and colourful, I didn't think it needed it. I did use a flower punch and a small heart punch though.


My Minds Eye have these cute 'Enamel Dots' that are sticky backed that match the colours of the collections. They make perfect little flower centres.
And there are a few little Word Sticker Sheets to match too. I used this one here, but there are some more here too.


I've left some blank pages without a journal card so a photo can be added.


I needed something to tie the book together to keep it neat so added some ribbon.
I made a hole on each end piece of card halfway up so I could ties the ribbon through.


You can see here that the ribbon has been cut so that one piece is short and then the long piece is pulled around the back to tie up. In the photo above you can see the ribbon is secured behind the journal card and below it runs under the title of the book on the front cover. I have added a little glue to hold the short piece in place.



 I used the Story Title Card for my front cover.
There are lots of different ones to choose from here.


And here is the finished book again.
It makes me feel so summery looking at this : )


I hope you love this little book.
I had so much fun making it.

Lisa x


5 comments:

Lesley G said...

Such a cute little book :)

Sadie green said...

This is fab :) really cute and love the papers used x

kjjc said...

Gorgeous

Chidkid said...

Great little book. So simple. Thanks for the instructions

akilli melek said...

lovely project
caroline