Tuesday 11 June 2013

FUN WITH STENCILS PART 2

Hi Carol with you again today for part 2 of Fun with Stencils....so today we are going to build up depth with stencils and then use a main stencil for a focal point.

If you'd like to have a go you will need:-

Tag - size 8 or Alterations Tag die
Stencils - brick wall, diamonds, small circles, a main focal point stencil
Moulding paste
Paint/inks/gilding wax
Washi tape
Distress inks
Text stamp
Black ink
Simple Stories 24/seven layered stickers.

Take your tag and colour using distress ink - I've used three inks and applied with cut and dry foam - don't worry about ensuring no "lines" when you apply the ink as the majority will be covered over




Use the brick mask and a darker distress ink sponge thro' on the entire tag - hi-light edges with a pencil.




Taking your chosen focal point mask, I've used a flower here, add moulding paste thro' the mask and allow to air dry.  One point to remember when using paint or embossing paste or moulding paste with your masks/stencils always clean them straight away.  I always "prepare" a cleaning surface before I start


Once dry I've then added paint thro' a diamond stencil and the small circles stencil.  A few bits of text were stamped on the edges.  I then coloured my image using the gilding wax and a small flower was coloured using the wax to make it "fit" in with my colour scheme.... pieces of washi tape and a sticker was added to finish off the piece.



The last part of the post is a card....stencils add so much depth to your backgrounds...here I've used the bumping technique outlined in the previous post...


and two colours of distress ink..... it gives the impression of being blurred.....I've masked off an area, inked and then bumped...then stamped with black ink....layered stickers from the simple stories 24/seven pack finish off the piece.....

TFL xx

1 comment: