Monday 16 September 2013

I Heart Summer and Project Life ~ Our Summer


Now that the summer holidays are over and we are all getting back to normal I can now show you my 'our summer' project life pages featuring the I heart summer collection by Simple Stories. 
The photo above shows the products that I gathered together to use before starting this project. Supplies are as follows and can all be found in the shop here, although I have included links below too :) 


After selecting the products that I was going to use, I then chose the photos. As I wanted to create a project life double page based on our summer holidays, I picked a random selection of my favorite pictures from the last 6 weeks. Size 6x4 horizontal and 3x2 vertical to fit in with the photo pockets as well as some smaller ones to add onto the project life cards. 
Before we go any further I will just say that I love the idea of project life, its a great way of simple scrapping. But I just can't commit to the traditional week by week approach to it. At the moment I use it to do pages like this to add something different to my albums. I have also used it in holiday albums (most recently Disney, when you just have so many photos!) But one year I would definitely like to challenge myself to use it in the 'proper' way.


So once I had decided where the project life cards, photos and simple stories journalling card elements were going to go I could then begin to add details to them. I used a corner rounder to round the corners of my photos and the journalling card elements to match with the project life cards.


I wanted to use some of the photo pocket spaces for specific events over the summer, so one was for a day trip to London and another for 'fun with friends' and I left a space for journalling on each side of the page. I added stickers from the 'expressions' and 'fundamentals' cardstock sticker sheets on to the photos as well as the project life cards. 







I hope I have inspired you to give project life a go, even if its not committing to the week by week approach. It can be used in other ways as well like I have with my 'project summer' pages.

Anna x

No comments: