Tuesday, 26 August 2014

Tags completed….

Hi, Carol with you today - in my last post I featured a new product being stocked by Papermaze being the Golden Gel mediums - for my projects I used the crackle paste…found here

So today I'm showing you the results from the other two tags in the series…for a recap see here

The "au natural" tag was given a covering of very watery acrylic paint - I didn't over saturate the dried tag as I didn't know what effect it would have on the cracks, so I kept the brush moving over the  product quite dry…this was the result...

Taking a harlequin mask and walnut stain distress ink I added some stencilling to the base, I then added colour to the edges.  Taking various flat and raised flowers, buttons, bling I made a decoration to the bottom.  I needed some leaves but didn't have any, so don't let things like that stop you - stamp a leaf (this one is from the Paperarsty Jo firth-young plate) onto white cardstock, paint and cut out….these embellishments are then added to my tag, a key and stamped word finished it off.

my last tag I kept very simple - the harlequin mask was placed over the crackle paste and walnut distress stain rubbed over the top….a rosette made with patterned paper and a button were added along with a stamped word.



hotpotato said...

love the tag with flowers on.

Gio said...

Both are beautiful! Wow that cracle' effect is gorgeous!