Tuesday 23 February 2016

kaisercraft treasured moments collection part 1

I had the pleasure of using the new collection by kasiercraft, treasured moments. So I am afraid this post is a bit photo heavy but I thought
I'd show you what I have done in stages.
So firstly I started with the die cut frame and cut out the centre with a craft knife.
I knew I wanted to use the frame as a focal point but I found the gold colour too bright for me. So I wondered how I was going to give it more of a patina appearance, I began by giving the frame a coat of clear gesso, this primes the page so you can still see the design of the frame when adding paint or ink, plus it stops the paper from buckling whilst being saturated. The paint used was from the distress line by Tim holtz., I used mowed lawn, broken china, tarnished brass and a small amount of antique linen. I squidged my first 3 colours on to a craft mat and added water, took an ordinary household sponged ad dabbed randomly onto the frame, I carried on till I had the desired effect I was looking for, let that dry and added a small amount of watered down  antique linen.

 the next stage was to crate my pin board that I wanted behind the frame. I measured my aperture and cut a piece of grey board to size. Covered this in a sheet of felt and the two sheets of burlap fabric, and stitched around the edge with the sewing machine. I then stitched lines on the burlap to make diamond shapes, to give a quilted appearance.
 Added brads to give a more textured effect. The photo below shows you how the burlap looks behind the frame
 Using the sticker sheet I cut out the roses that would go on my page along with the stunning leaves.  Cut out the butterflies from the recall patterned paper, and some small tag shapes for the yellow side of the same sheet, which I backed onto Kraft card stock, and then attached these tags to some canvas tags I had in my own stash. In the bottom corner I created a cluster using the roses, some chipboard, a small crochet flower made by a good friend, prima wooden clock face, and lace effect words. My photos were attached to my tags and then the tags were pinned in to the pin board. Tim holtz giggle ticket, key hole plate, and  tando chipboard fern leaf, added to the page. Finally added some brown distress ink to my frame
 Close up of the cluster
 close up of the tag
Hope you like the page and it inspired you to use fabric and paint to a layout

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love this Karen!