Monday 21 November 2016

altered frame


again i have been  working with the new authentique fabulous range, which has a very retro feel about it.
So this time I've taken a very inexpensive frame that i had stashed away, printed off a black and white photo, used one of my circle dies to fit the aperture to cut the photo. Filed the edges of the photo to add a white edge and placed an old coloured overlay from the crate paper DIY collection on top of the photo. Its quite difficult to see but it adds pink, blue an yellow hues to the original photo

Next added lots of  die cut and punched out flowers and leaves made from the paper. Wooden and metal embellishment's, along with some frayed linen. I then added some water coloured paint to my edges of the frame and spots of flicked paint.
 Once my paint was dry i covered the paint and flowers with modge podge to add more texture and rigidity to my paper Here a couple of close ups of the finished frame

No comments: