Monday 20 March 2017

Having a play

Hi Carol with you today.  

13 years ago Tim Holtz and Ranger introduced to the craft industry a very different ink pad, one that reacts with water, you can stamp with, mix, edge - the possibilities over the years have grown, along with the colour palette and, 13 years later the Distress ink pads and associated products are still going strong.  I, along with some of my crafty friends all bought those initial 4 pads and they are still going!! and as you'll all know, if you follow this blog, I use my distress inks all the time.  So, when the new oxide distress inks were introduced I couldn't wait to get my hands on them.

So, inks in hand (can't get the whole set there appears to be 2 that are being very elusive!), I had a play - tags are a great base to use as they are a great size and can then be used to add to cards, on their own, or cut on your die cut machines or punches…. here is my afternoons work:-


I'm loving the effect they give and the different colours…totally gorgeous.

I also decided to try the ink on a blending tool thro' a stencil with the ink being added after, I forgot to photograph the stages, but once inked and stencil in place I spritzed with water….then added some more ink…. this is the finished card…


I used a craft tag to mop up the ink on my mat, added some stamping from the new Paperartsy stamps and this is the finished tag:-




Pop along to the shop and discover all the latest new products…especially those dioxide inks

TFL xx

No comments: