Monday 27 November 2017

G45 Winter Wonderland

Hello again, it's Anita with you today.
I have been playing with some sheets from the stunning festive collection from G45 called Winter Wonderland. It is a Scandinavian inspired collection with the addition of swallows, robins and traditional holly berries and poinsettias.
I thought for a change, rather than create a scrapbook page, I would make a bauble for our tree and a couple of cards to start off the pile I need to make ( I am so NOT a natural card maker and really struggle with them!)




So, I started with a large glass bauble which I removed the metal hook and top from until I had finished it. I cut lots and lots of strips from various sheets, with widths ranging from 1 cm to 1.5 cms and into lengths of 6 inches long.

Woodland Whimsy
Scandinavian Sampler
Yule Post
Pretty Poinsettia



I rolled each length up into tight little coils and then popped them into the bauble before they slightly un-ravelled. I carried on until the bauble was almost full, then popped the hanging hook and metal top back on. The top was a shiny silver and didn't really sit well with the vintage tones in the papers, so I cut a thin strip from one of the sheets and wrapped around the top. Then cut a few short lengths of organza ribbon and tied them onto the hanging hook to finish it off. I think I will probably make a set of 4 or 6 to put on our actual Christmas Tree when we get one. I always look forward to our annual visit to the local Christmas Tree farm to pick one.


These papers also lend themselves well to creating cards.....and as I am not really very good with cards, it was an ideal opportunity to use the Rustic Holiday sheet with its decorative panels to adorn the front of my cards. I also matted each layer with some Antique Gold mirri board.


And then popped on a few red flat backed crystals just to finish them off.
So now I need to pull my finger out and make a little pile of cards to give to my fellow crafty friends when we next meet at our Christmas crop.

,

There is a vast selection of paper collections from G45 over on the shop site and they cover all sorts of themes.....or if you specifically wish for the Christmas collection I have used today, you can find it here.

Warmest wishes
Anita xx

1 comment:

Lynn said...

You make lovely cards Anita, and these are no exception. The bauble idea is very clever. Great set of Christmas makes in traditional colours.