Friday 5 January 2018

Zella Teal.........from Prima

Hello There, it's Anita with you today for my first post of 2018 and I would like to wish you a very Happy New Year!

I am chuffed to bits to have been able to work with this stunning new collection from Prima, Zella Teal. Its a gorgeous colour palette of beautiful blues and aqua's...... a sprinkling of  browns and some truly gorgeous holographic features that are dazzling when they capture the light.



The papers are all double sided......and that is where the problem lies.....both sides ARE GORGEOUS!!   Which to choose???  Buy 2 of each sheet....problem solved ;)

I decided to use a photo from 2010....a family holiday in Buckinghamshire. We visited Windsor for the day and after a lovely walk around we went on a boat trip down the Thames. This photo is one of my eldest daughter's favourites and I felt the Zella Teal papers were just right for it.


I based the page on a sheet of Live Loudly, which has a beautiful spray of flowers in 2 opposite corners.


I cut a couple of posies from a sheet of Zella Teal, including the gorgeous holographic leaves and accents . They really glow when they catch the light. I raised these up on foam pads to create dimension


 
I normally square cut the photo mats, but I wanted a softer edge this time so I tore the cardstock mat, leaving a feathery edge. I also used a couple of different Cosmic Shimmer Mists on the page, squirting large drops, creating a pool of ink and then blowing it out in different directions.


I also used a small 6 x 6 inch stencil I had in my stash ( not sure of make or design) and spread some Sparkle Medium through it. This stays raised when it is dry and adds some texture and dimension to the page.


I finished off my page by adding a few random half pearls and gems here and there across the layout and adding some paper blossoms and also some butterflies that I had printed off the internet onto cardstock.


I think this collection will be high on my list of favourites.....I will definately be needing some more!!

Why not pop over to the shop and have a good look around, there are so many *needful* things there xx

Warmest wishes
Anita xx

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Everything about this is beautiful. x

Anita said...

Thank you so much Lynn xx

Lorraine Freeman said...

Stunning :)

Anita said...

Thanks for your kind comment Lorraine x