Wednesday 14 February 2018

Kaisercraft - Indigo Blue - Something Blue

Lynn here with a little extra project for today. I was asked to decorate this tin to make it into a gift box for my daughter's friend Jasmine. It is part of a little hen party gift for a special friend.



The tin is a Vaseline Lip Therapy Limited Edition 2017 Gift Tin.  The papers I used were from Kaisercraft's Indigo Blue collection. These papers are older ones, first available back in the summer, but there are still a few available in the shop. There are also other papers available with butterflies which can be used in the same way.

 

I cut a circle in in 'Midnight' using the dark blue side and another slightly smaller one from the wood effect side of 'Washed Out'. I used a Kaisercraft die 'Sketch Circle'. I cut the butterflies from 'Chambray', these were raised up of 3D foam pads. 
All the die cuts were inked with Distress Inks.


My leaves were cut with a Sizzix Thinlits die, these, the hearts and letters were all cut from the pale blue side of 'Breeze'. the harts and letters are all Crafter's Companion dies
I punched a sprinkling of tiny butterflies from scraps using the 3 in 1 Butterfly punch from Martha Stewart.

I added sparkle with Stickles, sequins and some flat-backed gems.


On the rim it said limited edition 2017, so with some ribbon I tied a bow and covered it up as its for 2018!!

The tin was filled with blue treats and Jas was thrilled with it.
Thanks for looking.
Lynn x

No comments: